Thursday 24 July 2014

Catching up

Spring has come to my garden and the daffodils are blooming.   However the weather is still really cold and wet and in the south they have snow.   These winds come straight off Antarctica and cut to the bone.   When oh when will winter end?  I am mighty tired of boots and woollen coats!
I have been stitching away on Ring O Roses since Guild day last Saturday and have now completed the next page.   Only four pages to go I think, so for now I will put this away and return to the Mermaid's Chest.    I am eager to get this finished and constructed but I tell myself it was to be a Guild project for the year and it is only July!!  This weekend I am going away for a couple of nights to visit a friend and will take a couple of small Christmas ornaments with me.   We will be talking non-stop I'm sure, so concentration levels may be low and a simple small will be just right.
Yesterday I took the HD3QBEM to the ophthalmologist and he confirmed that her vision is much poorer than a year ago and seemed genuinely sorry there was little he could do for her.   Neither of us were surprised and it was really to check out the health of the eyes that we had gone to see him.   She continues to knit and has multiple projects on the go so that dropped stitches can be laid aside until I come home to fix them for her.   Admittedly, she is slower and the knitting plainer but still the small cardigans and sweaters are warm and welcomed by the Hospice Shop.   Last weekend we went to the wool store to stock up on some more yarn for the next 5 or 6 projects.   The HD3QBEM is always busy with something on her needles
I'm off to do my chores and place a few things in a bag.   Judy and I are planning to go for a soak in the hot pools.  Lovely!

4 comments:

Anna van Schurman said...

Nooooooooooooooooooooooo! I hate to see spring spring on your blog. It can only mean one thing. That chilling cold is coming to a neighborhood near me. I am in denial, and will enjoy the summer and fall as much as I can. :)

Deanne J said...

Such pretty flowers, Daffodils are my favorite Spring blooms. However, I agree with Anna if your flowers are blooming it means cooler weather is on its way here.

cucki said...

Very pretty flowers ..so sweet..
I love your stitching so much xx

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

We are in the midst of a heatwave in the UK!

Looking forward to more Mermaid's Chest photos, although your current project is very lovely too.

Glad your mother is still able to keep up with her favourite hobby too. Long may she continue. Can one knit by touch? I presume an experience knitter could, although she may need help choosing the colours.