Saturday 5 April 2014

A short stroll? I don't think so!

Our Auckland Super City Council try their best to show that they are truly interested in the community.   I love them for their libraries (super service) and the Art gallery (super building) and then last week I saw advertised a 'guided walk' around a newly developed coastal pathway scheduled for Saturday 5 April.   Sounded good to me (weather permitting) so I registered, bought suitable snacks, charged my camera batteries, checked my sunhat and walking shoes and felt my anticipation grow daily.   Then, wouldn't you know it?   After no rain for two months it poured down on Thursday drenching both my garden and my hopes :-(   However Saturday dawned bright and clear and at 9am off I went-  bright eyed and bushy tailed.
 Described as an Epic Coastal walk  it truly lived up to its name.  
Up the hill, down the hill, round the cove quickly to beat the tide, up the hill again and down the hill again, then 285 steps in one zigzag stretch!   On and on it went until hot, tired, sweaty and with very aching leg muscles, at 5pm I was no longer so bright eyed nor bushy tailed!
On the stitching front  I am back on The Mermaid's Sea Chest.   Dark grey studs are all complete and now I am on to the over one cross stitches.   Tired eyes and late nights make progress slow but I a determined to persevere with this one.   Perhaps there will be scheduled breaks for smaller quicker projects but by years end there will be a completed Sea Chest.
My April small finish is to be comprised of these ingredients.  I won't be getting to this tonight but there is little left to be done so I am confident of a month end finish.

So it's sayonara from a tired Margaret!


7 comments:

cucki said...

Beautiful photos
And lovely stitching
Hugs x

KimM said...

Wow - what great photos and what a way to spend a day! I got tired just looking at the pictures ;) Love your 'small' and can hardly wait to see it finished. Best -

Ann at Beadlework. said...

That's a long walk by the sound of things. I'm glad the weather obliged.

Pamela said...

I'm glad the weather didn't prevent you from taking part in the walk. The Mermaid's Chest is coming along nicely. I can't believe how small your small is! The Mill Hill beads are great for showing the scale.
It's snowing big fat flakes here - I'm happily inside working on the sampler bag. I am loving this! Thanks again!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

I thought the photos made me tired too!

I like the look of the Mermaid's Sea Chest. I must go look for a photo of the finished product.

Anonymous said...

That walk looks like it was awesome and tiring all at once.

Who is the designer for Mermaid's Chest. I must be dense but I can't seem to find it anywhere.

Karoline said...

That walk sounds amazing. Your Sea chest is looking gorgeous