Saturday 27 July 2013

Early signs of Spring

Today I caught the bus into the City and did some shopping for the HD3QBEM.   On the return journey I managed to call into the City Art Gallery and enjoy, once again, one of my favourite buildings in this city.
On the way home I called into The Fabric Warehouse and bought the necessities to make a dress for my nephews wedding in October.   He is having an afternoon wedding at a winery , near where my older brother lives on the East Coast of New Zealand.   I think this fabric made into a dress will suit and if it is a little chilly I shall throw a pashmina over my shoulders and hope for the best!  I fell in love with the colours in the fabric and in a happy coincidence it means I will not have to buy new shoes nor a new clutch bag. Yeah!   I do not like spending money on items I rarely use or will probably never use again.

Signs of Spring in my garden -  buds on the Prunus tree and a tiny miniature daffodil.
 One ornament is completed and hopefully tonight I will finish off two more.  
Next week my brother-in-law is coming to stay and will be installing the wireless modem and giving me tutorials on my new iPad so I don't think there will be much stitching done ;-)  

7 comments:

Pamela said...

What beautiful fabric! I look forward to seeing the dress. If it is spring at your house, can that mean fall is not too far away at my house? We haven't yet had any hot summer weather.

Ann at Beadlework. said...

I love the vibrant blue of the fabric. You are very like me in that I don't like to buy clothes or accessories that I will never use again. We're still in the midst of summer over here - we've been very lucky this year.

Anna van Schurman said...

I hate when those of you in the southern hemisphere shows signs of spring. It can only mean one thing: winter is just around the corner. It really doesn't seem like autumn yet here--we have all of August to go, after all, and at least two more heat waves.
Great fabric!

cucki said...

Aww very pretty fabric.i love it...
Looks like we are going to have a early spring too.
Hugs x

Karoline said...

Gorgeous fabric, I look forward to seeing the finished dress

Karen said...

I LOVE the fabric you picked out for your new dress. I can't wait to see it made up.

Signs of spring for you only means one thing to me... winter is coming! We've had one wet summer and it's hard to believe fall is just around the corner. Thank goodness the white stuff is still a couple of months away. :)

Heather said...

Signs of spring?! We are already seeing signs of fall, which is very early. Usually that hint of a chill in the evening doesn't start happening until the end August, but it is quite chilly tonight.

I hope you share some more picture of spring flowers. They are my favourite. I especially love lily of the valley. Do you have that down there?