And finally some stitching ....While this still needs a good press and a tassel trim added the needlebook is now finished.
This needlebook was done as a class at Embroiderers Guild many years ago (2001 to be precise) and although this is the fourth one I have made I do not have one myself! How sad is that? If you look here you can see one I made in lilac some time ago. Anyway, here's the result of my first stitch on R&R Reproductions linen - I love the colour and am really pleased with finished product. Thanks again for this linen Diana - it was a real treat.
This is the front cover, and a close up shot to show you the flower which was reversed stitched three times until I found my rhythm!! The whole needlebook is done on one piece of linen and then folded and the edge picot done in a variation of nun stitch. All in all there are quite a few different stitches in this one and I enjoyed the change from cross stitching.
There are two doctors flannel "pads" inside to hold the needles (and the inside back and front covers are decorated too)
And the back has the year in Palestrina Knots as well as another "flower".
Now please don't remind me that I mentioned something about rotations to complete my UFO's!! Last night while watching the final in this years series of Midsomer Murders I started another project - this. As it is destined for a gift I cannot say much but this wrinkly shot doesn't give too many clues. This is 32 count Belfast Linen in a dark blue (much prettier than this shot) and I am stitching with DMC Perle 12 thread. So far there is nothing but foursided stitch which is MOST repetitive. I have one month to finish this and get it mailed to ...... so you watch this space for future updates.