Monday 3 November 2008

My Chicken is finished

A late night marathon effort last night and the chicken is finished. I did this one on 32 count belfast linen with DMC 115 so he/she is just the right size to stay at home with me. The last chicken flew the coop to live with Wendy Jo so I made this one smaller!
On the stitching front I completed a couple of gifts and packed up the packages which are in todays mail but no pictures yet. I will show you when I hear they have arrived safely. I looked out a chart and thread to start one of the Quaker Evens and am looking forward to getting started on that. This is for the When Pink Matters and I intend to make a small box - but you can read all about it on the site.

The day I returned from holiday I received this card in my box and in the weekend I finally managed to get to the post office to retrieve a delightful exchange from Becky Kirkbride - the HOE Mattress Pincushion Exchange. I will take some photos tonight and post tomorrow but many many thanks Becky - it's exquisite.

3 comments:

staci said...

LOVE your chicken!!! I love the pattern and color...and your finishing is flawless :)

Cathy B said...

I have this pattern -- now I just need to make one for myself! Your chicken looks great!

Dani - tkdchick said...

OMG that is amazing! I love it!